May 18, 2011

Dillon McWhiney

Dillon does not like to go to school. He likes school. Just doesn't like waking up and going to school. Once he gets there, he is fine. Loves his teacher, likes his classmates, does really well in his studies. He just does not like getting out of bed.

Every morning we spend the better part of an hour fighting with him to get his clothes on, to brush his hair, to get off the couch, to put on his shoes, to get in the van. This child will be 10 next month! This is getting old fast!

So this was my conversation with Dillon on Monday as I drove up to the school to drop him off.

Dillon: "I want to go back to bed."
Me: "Three more weeks. Just three more weeks and I won't even make you get up for over 2 months. School is almost over!"
*At this point he scowls at me. lol*
Me: "It's not that bad, Dillon! Go and have a good day. I will see you as soon as I get off from work."
Dillon: "grrrr ugh grrrr"
Me: "Okay. Goodnight! I love you!"

You should have seen the look I got then! It started as an angry look that morphed into one of complete beffudlement. lol
He called me crazy, asked me to pick him up early, and then shut the van door.

Man, I really do love that kid!

But, seriously though. The whining has to stop. Like now.

No comments:

Post a Comment